Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Covid Diaries --Day 9

A Covid Saturday

I'll admit, all but one of us broke rules today. This was a very typical Saturday for us, pandemic or not. Dave has continued to golf. The club house in closed, along with the putting greens and driving range, but people are still scheduling tee times. On top of that, family members are joining along for the cart ride but not playing golf. Not me though. I'm not tryna catch that Rona. Before Dave left this morning, he made himself and the boys his famous breakfast eggs while I was out running. 
Apparently breakfast was way too early for this guy.


After breakfast my older son packed up his airsoft equipment and met a few friends in our neighborhood wooded area. I mean, a Nerf  (airsoft) war is technically social distancing, they are trying to stay away from each other and not get shot. I've kept them separated from their friends since school let out and I feel if they are outside riding bikes or staying 6 feet apart, their emotional health right now outweighs the risk. 

I move my home office around from the kitchen table, to the dining room, to my bedroom office to my outside office. After awhile I can't find another space that is going to motivate me any further. Today however, for the first time since the second week in March, I did meet a co-worker at the office (which is still technically closed.) I have to admit I desperately wanted to get out of the house but we needed to write up a contract together and felt it would be better to meet at the office instead of my house. We were there about two hours. Shhhh, don't tell anyone. 



Cooking every day. I love it and enjoy being in the kitchen.



Today I did some baking. I definitely don't do this everyday but today I needed chocolate.



I've been going on walks just about every day. I don't listen to music when I run but I always have my playlist going during my walk unless one of the boys comes along. 



No comments:

Post a Comment