Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Covid Diaries -- Day 5

The G.A.C. Scale


The G.A.C. Scale stands for give a crap, using a scale from 1 - 10 with 10 being the highest of giving of crap. My GAC scale looks way different in quarantine than it did prior to Covid-19. It's been on this continuous but steady downward movement. 
Personal Appearance:
Right now I'm wearing a trucker hat, haven't yet showered today even though I worked out this morning and now it's precisely 5:15 in the PM. I'm going to go with my appearance having a GAC score of 2. It's not a one because I am wearing pants. 
House Rules:
When arguments and disagreements arise between the boys, I'd try to help them resolve, have them talk it through, redirect, assign chores or kick someone out of the house for a bike ride. Now I've been turning to my earbuds. It's crazy how listening to my favorite music makes all the uncomfortable noise disappear.  House rules and parental responsibilities gets a 4!
Daily Routine and Structure:
Just no. This was an 8 a couple of months ago! I ran this house like a MOFO, baby! Getting out of bed, getting dressed, logging into the school website, getting outside, bringing dirty clothes from the bedroom to the laundry--arduous, grueling tasks for the great Prince Abdallah I and the mighty Prince Abdallah II.  GAC, 3!
Spouse Support: 
I happen to be married to a wonderful dude, a hard worker, great father, talented handy-man, funny, gross and hot. I try to make his life as easy for him as possible, we support each other. Right now, he's participating in a virtual happy hour in his office with the door open. I hear him mention his wife so I listen. He's complaining and laughing about how annoying I type on my computer and making jokes to all his co-workers. I yell up the stairs, "That's called knowing how to type!"  Spouse Support has dropped to a 5!
While the majority of my life right now seems to have a disappointing outlook, it's more of a ....self preservation thing, you see. 

Running:
Yay, running. I'm a life-long runner and no longer make a big deal about it since I know how much I need it forever in my life. However, this pandemic has me running more and looking forward to getting out of the house more than it has in a very long time. Running goes up to a 9!
Going Out:
I'm not going out so I miss my friends and my co-workers so much. I miss all the events and classes I get to go to and feel confident I'm not going to take any of that stuff for granted. I can't wait to go back out! Getting out of the house to socialize gets an 8!
K, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment