Monday, April 13, 2020

The Covid Diaries -- Day 4

A Time Journal of One Day in Quarantine

This post comes with a key located at the bottom. 

Due to the thunderstorms all day Sunday and not being able to walk or run, I felt a little blah and ended up taking a 'quickie' afternoon nap which led to me tossing and turning until just after 1:00AM Monday morning. I woke up around 8:00 Monday morning. 
8:00 Get out of bed
8-8:15 Unload dishwasher, and wipe down the kitchen before making breakfast.
8:15-9:00 Make breakfast for the family and clean everything up. Ask kids about their plans for the day. 
9:00-9:15 Discuss the latest Rona information with the husband, create grocery list, debate home improvement projects.
 9:15-9:30 Pick out my running clothes, get dressed and put some clothes in the laundry.
9:30-11:00 ***
11:00-12:25 Go for a 5 mile run with the husband, shower, put on real clothes, make-up and did my hair for the first time in weeks.  One of kids said, "Hey, what's that smell?"  I said, "Oh, it's me, I'm clean."
12:25-2:00 Work. Log into my computer, check and respond to e-mail, register for a couple webinar presentations. Make phone calls, and write a few personal notes. 
2:00-2:30 Kids want lunch. Make a quesadilla and slice an apple, reheat left-overs.
2:30-3:30 More work, phone calls, emails. Talk to co-worker for 20 minutes, make plans to escape quarantine.
3:30-5:00 ???
5:00-6:30 Make dinner, eat, and clean the kitchen.
6:30-7:30 Searched for a really look time for my ear buds, I think someone took them because I recently overheard someone in the house say they lost theirs. I think I left mine in one of the few places I would have left them, for only temporary, then someone saw the opportunity to snag them and call them their own. They know they are mine but no one has confessed. I finally decided to use my blue-tooth earbuds and went on an evening walk around the neighborhood and enjoyed the sunset.
7:30-8:00 Listen to Jason talk about Roblox and Lego and who sued who and licencing and the Natural Disaster Worlds. 
8:00-10:00 Watched part of the Voice, texted friends, checked Facebook and Instagram, watched some lame comedy show that wasn't funny at all but I'm usually on my phone by this point anyway.  

I clearly see the need to stick to my planned schedule. The problem is I haven't been great at planning ahead my week due to the fact that I can't be anywhere accept for home. This is causing me to not use my time efficiently. Part of the reason I love my job is because it affords me many opportunities to get out and see people. It's been a huge adjustment for me to stay at home versus working from home.

THE KEY
***Something goes wrong with the space-time continuum
??? There was this portal, and I think I fell 

No comments:

Post a Comment