Thursday, April 16, 2020

The Covid Diaries --Day 7

How We Know What We Know

This is what I think I know about what's going on right now.
-This virus is spread through droplets an infected person would create by coughing or sneezing. 
-A person can become infected by touching the virus from a contaminated surface and touching their mouth, nose or eyes, or through the air from an infected person coughing or sneezing in their general direction.
-The virus is deadly for some people.
-We have been issued to stay at home in order to keep safe and keep others safe.
-There has been so much information, misinformation, debates, topic saturation, political agenda, it's been very difficult to understand what is going on.

I don't know the accuracy of the items I think I know. I don't care to watch the news. I subscribe to a media newsletter via email that summarizes international and world stories because it's the only broadcast communication I can tolerate.  I see all sorts of information and stories through social media that I'll start believing or worrying about and if I'm still thinking about it the next day, I'll ask my husband if he's heard about it and what he thinks. He's great at helping me through all this noise but there have been moments when I thought he seemed concerned, nervous. 

I feel like I've had to consciously decide to stop thinking about it. Focus on the moment, do what I can do right now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment