Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The Covid Diaries --Day 6

Reflection

The challenge is to have 10 minutes of quiet reflection with no distractions, and to set a timer to keep track of the time, then immediately write down everything that went through my head.

My reflection was spent in the evening, right before dinner, while the house was quiet, but my body and mind wasn't ready to be still.  I meditated a lot as a child before I really understood what it was. I had many opportunities while spending time in my room, from being sent to my room by my parents so often. They would want me to reflect on my behavior but I would reflect on my own existence.  Today's 10 minutes were just like all the other times I've tried to meditate as an adult. I just can't do it. 

First I had to crack my toes, then I tried to focus on my breathing. I noticed how great I felt. I feel strong, healthy, have clear breathing and am comfortable. I appreciate being pain-free--it's heaven. 

Bloomsbury Farm. Lauren's Instagram page is so amazing. I love her little girl dressed in all those adorable farm clothes. 

Head itches.

This is the longest Spring Break in the entire history of the world. 

Ohio has snow.

Today's sunshine was beautiful. It was a beautiful day. I'm in a good mood probably because of the sunshine. Just looking outside with the sun shining makes it a better day.

Blank space. Blank space.

Taps phone. There's 12 seconds left and I feel guilty for tapping the phone, I'm sorry I couldn't help it, but that 10 minutes did go kinda fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment