Friday, November 30, 2012

Wha, Wha, What?!

I'm surprised to realize how many times a day I'm so pissed because someone is screaming, fighting, hitting or crying.  Time has gone by so fast since marriage and I was recently scorned by my hubby for saying I can't wait for this 'phase' to pass.  He thinks about how fast our babies have grown and I agree with him but, dang, I'm so over the crying. 

With all this daily rise in blood pressure, there are, of course, those moments.  The ones you might have heard of before, when your little one tells you he loves you, or you're beautiful, or you make the most delicious meals (seriously melts my heart). 


Buttered, peppered, Parmesan noodles with broccoli, and stewed beef


My husband makes fun of me for thinking (believing) most ailments can be cured by drinking water(headaches, blurry vision, constipation, etc.).  I do think  most people, by nature, are dehydrated.  A  busy life entails drinking coffee with breakfast, soda with lunch, coffee for an afternoon 'pick-me-up' and iced tea with dinner.  Where is the water?  Maybe there is water is pop, coffee and tea but I say, "FALSE!"  The caffeine and diuretic nature of the drink cancels out that hydration factor.  I know some people who never have a glass of water.  That really bothers me for some reason.  I'm not a dietitian, nutritionist or doctor, obviously, but OMG, please, please drink water if you want to lose weight, have a good poop, and have clear skin or less wrinkles!     

I have to rant before I get to my point.  My son came home from 1st grade the other day and told me how proud his teacher was of him.  Oh!  What happened?  "Well, (so-and-so) raised his hand and told Ms. Steiner his eyes were bothering him today and he couldn't see very well."  Apparently, before his teacher could respond, my son piped up, "You should drink some water.  You might need some water." 

I was convinced my son absolutely hated everything I said to him.  Has he heard me about this water thing?????  I'm so proud of my boy!  Now, I don't know how the story ends.  I heard the blurry-eyed kid left the room for a while (maybe a trip to the drinking fountain?) and I'm not sure if he felt better once he returned (not so easy getting accurate information from a six year old).

From the sounds of it, his teacher was quite impressed by what my son said.  I can picture her big eyes and wide grin. 
Cheese quesadilla, mixed veggies, celery with peanut butter
 
Out the mouths of babes, so I need to really be careful!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. ...and when the over caffeinated kid punched him the nose...he was thinkin' dang why did I listen to my mom? Then....he chugged a DEW!!!!! Love you cousin!

    ReplyDelete